Monday, June 22, 2009

Berlin Cycle Chic





















At first, I thought that Berlin didn't share the cycle love, but after 2 minutes I realized that it was there. The streets are faster & the traffic is faster, but Berlin has made significant efforts to make biking an easy form of transportation with most roads having bike lanes & many intersections hosting bike-specific traffic lights.

I also noticed that biking in Berlin is definitely a lifestyle decision that young & old are making. You see people walking their bikes when they meet friends without, people riding quickly to get somewhere on time, people riding at a slow pace enjoying the day. It takes all walks, all subcultures & demographics to make up the population on bikes in Berlin. Here is a collection of some of my favorite bikers, or at least the ones I got pics of.

No comments:

Post a Comment